Pumpkin Apple Soup
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 acorn squash, peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 small pumpkin (if you can't find fresh pumpkins use 2 16 oz tins pumpkin)
- 5 peeled and chopped carrots
- 4 granny smith apples
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp curry
- 1 tbsp celery seed
- 1 16oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups white wine
- 2.5L 12 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 cup 1 cup 35% cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large stockpot over med-high heat, combine squash, pumpkin, carrots, onions, bay leaves, spices, wine, tomatoes and vegetable stock. Bring to a gentle boil and keep on a gentle boil for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add apples.
- Season with salt and pepper, stirring occasionally and cover and continue to simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Or 30 minutes if using a pressure cooker.
- Puree until smooth, add cream and bring back up to warm temperature, checking seasoning.
- Serve warm or keep in fridge. You can freeze this too.