Maple Ginger Salmon
This recipe is a great one for people who are afraid to cook seafood. If you use ‘Unstick’ for your BBQ it is a perfect way to cook the salmon. ‘Unstick’ are mats for your BBQ available at Home Hardware and Sobey’s.
- 1 side Salmon
- 1 cup Light Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger Finely chopped
- ½ tsp Chilli powder
- ½ cup Earl Grey Tea
- 2 cloves Roasted Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a food processor combine, maple syrup, ginger, chili powder and roasted garlic and Tea puree for 2 minutes.
- Cut salmon into 2 pieces and place in a freezer bag and pour marinade over salmon and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove salmon from the refrigerator and place on a med BBQ and cook for 16 minutes on one side. If the salmon has skin on it place skin side down for 16 minutes. Then flip over and cook on the non-skin side for 4 minutes.
- Place marinade in a saucepan and bring to a gentle boil and reduce by 2/3.
- Remove salmon from BBQ and remove the skin from the salmon side. It should peel easily away.
- Then drizzle a sauce over the salmon and serve.