Key Lime Pie
Finish any meal with this Perfect, light dessert.
For the Crust
- 11/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (14oz) can 1(14oz) can unsweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tbsp fresh or bottled key lime juice
- ¾ cold whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch pie plate.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the pie pan and up the sides and bake for 10 minutes until golden brown. Place the pie pan on a cooling rack (leave the oven on).
- Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until well combined.
- Add juice and whisk. Pour mixture into the pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (pie will set as it cools).
- Refrigerate pie covered for at least 8 hours.
- Whip the cream until you have stiff peaks and spread over the pie and serve.