ChefD’s Bacon and Beer Beans
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb Nutrafarms bacon, rough chop
- 2 cans beans in tomato sauce with maple syrup
- 1 can 5 bean blend, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup ketchup
- ¼ hot BBQ sauce
- ½ cup fresh maple syrup
- 1 large can Creemore beer
- 1 tbsp honey Dijon
- In a large pot over med high heat add onions, garlic and bacon and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook over low heat for about 2 hours.
- Once the bacon is cooked everything is cooked.
- The flavour gets richer as the liquid reduces and the texture gets thicker