Cheddar Red Leaf Lager Soup
Yes, beer does make a difference. Always choose GOOD beer!!
- 1½ cup Red Leaf lager beer
- 900ml chicken broth
- 6 onions, rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1½ cup 5-year-old cheddar
- ½ cup herb and garlic cream cheese
- ½ cup 35% cream
- Bring all of the ingredients (minus the cheeses and the cream) to a boil in a large pot.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat and puree all the soup.
- Slowly blend in the cheeses and then the cream. Bring back up to temperature but do not boil and serve hot.