Butternut Squash Soup
Warmth, flavour, comfort and ease. Enjoy! You can add 1 cup of cream, cream cheese, Mascapone cheese, or soya milk to cream this soup up. It will add a rich velvety layer to the taste.
- 2 cups butternut squash, diced
- 2 cups sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 bays leaves
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2-900ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 cup Salerno mascarpone cheese
- season salt and pepper
- Add all ingredients except cheese and salt and pepper to a pressure cooker.
- Seal the lid and place over med/high heat, bring up to boil or when the safety valve clicks up then reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes, release steam, then remove lid when the safety valve has gone down. Puree soup and add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Chefs tip: If you are not using a pressure cooker, add 1 hour to cooking time.